Nav bar

Tuesday, 6 May 2014

Being a half Chinese girl in a Japanese garden on a Vietnamese themed shoot...














Today I'm sharing with you some lovely memories of a wonderfully Asian day. My day consisted of traipsing around the sun-bather packed Holland Park in some beautifully bizarre outfits made by Central Saint Martins students alongside traditional Vietnamese garments. Must admit, it was an interesting experience being papped constantly by packs of curious tourists...

The shoot was an editorial for Pigeons and Peacocks magazine by the extremely talented photographer Eliska Kyselkova, whose work can be seen here: http://www.eliskys.com/ (Unfortunately, Pigeons and Peacocks being a biannual magazine means a long wait until I can post the final images on here as they need to be published first!) The shoot focuses on the fusion of typically Asian modern and traditional customs that Eliska noticed during her time in Vietnam.

This was my first time in Holland Park and I can most certainly recommend it to everyone! It might well be my new favourite park in London.. Definitely a candidate at the very least! I think it was the park's slightly unruly, wild charm that made it so special to me, possibly as I happened to spend my childhood playing in about the wildest, most charming of gardens I know. I've also been surrounded by water all my life, due to my mum's insistence that we fill the garden with ponds (I believe we are currently the proud owners of 6 ponds...), so I was instantly drawn to the koi carp filled pond of Kyoto Gardens.

1 comment:

  1. Great designs and photos! <3 lovely park too :P

    www.fashion-utopia.com

    ReplyDelete