Nav bar

Sunday, 11 August 2013

Silks of the Orient






I have recently had the pleasure of working with the gorgeous Rosalind Jana from Clothes Cameras and Coffee for the second time on this oriental themed shoot. Roz just never fails to look like an absolute goddess in front of the camera! Had a lovely time both photographing her and being photographed by her and I can't wait to show you her photos of me soon too!
I was actually originally inspired by a shoot by fashion photographer Sebastian Mader of the captivatingly striking Kelly Mittendorf. The contrast between model and clothing is just stunning and Rosalind's English-Rose infused beauty is just the perfect juxtaposition to the oriental clothing and backdrop! - It's times like this when being Chinglish (half Chinese and half English) really pays off, as you find yourself with cupboards of Chinese silk scarves and brocades and wardrobes bursting with beautiful oriental clothing. -Must admit, this was a very fun look to style! And yes, the peony is real! Fresh from our gorgeously Chinglish garden actually ;)
The clothes are a mixture of modern and old, including a Zara kimono top, my mum's Chinese silk dressing gown, skirt and brocade jacket - which has the most gorgeous peony design to compliment the real one! - and those gorgeous gold shoes and skirt from Roz's own fabulous wardrobe ;) I have also included some traditional japanese geisha hair ornaments and ukata belt (yes, I know I'm mixing my oriental cultures!)
My previous project with Rosalind (funnily enough, also focussing on silk...) can be found hereSilk-Spun and also on her blog, accompanied by an incredibly moving piece she wrote about her father's struggle with depression: Swimming and Spinning. Roz's photographs and impeccable styling of me from the last shoot can also be found here: Tatty Patchwork
Lucy
xXx

8 comments:

  1. gorgeous pictures! i really like this style and the way you used the light
    ___________________________
    www.verblenden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Raissa! It's lovely hearing that from someone so great at photography! :)
      Lucy
      xXx

      Delete
  2. Was such a pleasure to be a part of this Lucy. The sumptuousness of the colours and the lighting works to great effect. Now off to look at your newer photos! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roz! It was a pleasure to be taking the photos too! :) Get your beautiful self down to London and we will take some more! ;)
      Lucy
      xXx

      Delete
  3. I really love the asian style here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eline ^_^ It was so fun to style as my mum has a wardrobe full of beautiful chinese clothes from her trips to China!

      Delete
  4. These are absolutely beautiful photos. The textures, colours, sensitivity to light create a dream-like world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Melanie! So sorry it's taken so long to get back to you, but I really do appreciate your comment! And I'm glad it's got the dreamy effect I was aiming for! I love your blog and your quirky and awesome style! <3
      Lucy
      xXx

      lucyfeng.blogspot.co.uk

      Delete